There's a Chief Investigator Standing in the Middle of the Street.

I promised nightmares would come. My cup runneth over.

In this horrordream I drifted from images of simple souls trapped in horrortableaux to dark things that lived there of their own accord. As I drifted from one character to the next, some part of my mind said (In that silent dream speech you never hear, but immediately understand):

These are your possible futures. After all, your future is in your hands, but your hands are frail, and incapable. Your lot lies with this grim deck. You will bleed into this minor arcana.




THE FAMILY MAN.


THE RENAISSANCE MAN.


THE RECLUSE.


SLOTH.


THE MUSICIAN.


THE THINKER.


THE CHRONIC MASTURBATOR.


THE SENTINEL.



And then it ended.

8 comments:

Ted Striker said...

Let's do the Cronenberg ending! Di-di-di! Di-di-di! Di-di-di!

Pumpkin Kid said...

Long live the new flash!

Mal said...

Win, Kid. Win. Though, a few frayed ends call for address.

The faces. Are they washed off/sewn over for some symbolic reason, or did it just look cool when you were dicking around on photoshop?

You make references to tarot cards in the statement or whatever your little prologue is. But. Sometimes the text is straight documentary , and sometimes it's ironic. Explain.

Cheers, my odd little brother.

Pumpkin Kid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pumpkin Kid said...

Mal: If I wanted it to be absolutely clear what was going on, my photos would look far different from these. As things stand, I like to foster ambiguities.

First, the faces are warped (when they are warped) to make the characters dummy plugs for whatever values the viewer may subconsciously or purposefully impose. In keeping with the dreamlike narrative, the faces only become fastened to the bodies when the dreamer decides they know who the black and white player really is.

Second, the titles and ordering significance are, believe-it-or-not, deliberate. I told one story when I came up with my storyboards, found and fostered a second one when I was editing. So I tried to facilitate the telling of both instead of each.

Thanks for the compliments - I hope to return a few when you post some body of work.

_ said...

i knew this reminded me of something...

http://www.steveschofield.co.uk/gallery_lotf.html

Pumpkin Kid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pumpkin Kid said...

That Land Of The Free Gallery is pretty tight.