someone said we're there








I went on more than a few photo safaris during the winter, and I'm still catching up with some of them. I'm never so inclined to pick up the camera and drive around as when there's fresh snow on the ground.

















There's something reassuring about making it through the winter, even if it is your favorite season. Perhaps it's a leftover instinct.















On the other hand, I know the changing of the guards is finished - everything's in green and blue and orange bloom, and the local pollen is firmly lodged in every sinus cavity I never knew I had. Which tends to add a wistful bias to every frame I can find from the past few months.












~P.K.

1 comment:

_ said...

starkly wintry, subtly evocative. i especially appreciate the use of the top of the windshield to create a gradient effect. i've used that trick a to much less positive end. overall this is a cohesive if sprawling survey of the season.